That was my response when I asked what’s the first dish a non-Indian eating girl like myself should have to try the cuisine. The dish is actually called Tikka Masala, and let me tell you, I was in for a treat! I searched around the web for a bit and settled on this recipe from Food Network – Chicken in Creamy Tomato Curry: Chicken Tikka Masala that you can find here. We’ve had it twice now and both times it’s light out good. I am not a “high spice” girl, which has been my hesitation behind even venturing into Indian food to begin with. This recipe was super flavorful with just a hint of heat. All three of my mildly pickey eater kids even ate it and liked it last night.
- Had a hard time finding Garam Masala seasoning in our grocery store. Here is a link where you can order it from Amazon http://amzn.to/2lU3CHC
- We used our electric griddle to cook the chicken on since we don’t currently have a grill.
- We substituted the serrano peppers with ONE jalapeno pepper with seeds removed.
- We were short on time so we only let our chicken marinate about 1/2 hour.
- Served it with jasmine rice on the side.
I would rate this recipe a 4 out of 5 stars. Will absolutely make again. If you decide to make it, leave me a comment below. What should I try next?