I’m intrigued with all the different uses of this common household staple. From drinking it to using it as a face tonic, to washing your veggies and even as a hair product. It seems the more I research the more amazing uses I am finding.
SKIN / HAIR:
- Mud Mask – Last night my husband and I (yes, I convinced him to try it with me) did a great mud mask using Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay it’s made up on 100% natural calcium bentonite clay and you mix it with equal parts mask and apple cider vinegar (ACV) (I used the organic Braggs ACV). If you have sensitive skin, you can start with mixing with diluted ACV. Leave it on the recommended amount of time, we did our for a little over 15 minutes. My skin felt like I had just gotten a facial at a spa afterward. I will be doing these weekly. Dan (hubby) said the same thing, it felt like it really exfoliated his skin and left it feeling very pure. You can see the LIVE video of the whole process here at Heidi’s Happy Hour.
- Toner – I’ve also put some in a small container in my bathroom to use as a face tonic. I mixed 1 part ACV with 2 parts water.
- Hair Wash – 1 part ACV mixed with 1 part water and put it in your hair. Let it sit for a bit and then wash out. It is said to remove product build up. I did this today, and it made my hair feel very soft and *clean* – but not stringy at all. I will make this a routine as well.
- Drinking – For days the bottle has been sitting on my counter staring at me. I know the benefits, I’ve researched and read it, but somehow, I just couldn’t bring myself to get it down the pipes! Well, after lots of encouragement on my Heidi’s Happy Hour FB page, I decided to give it a go. I decided I would start with a small 2 tsp amount and I would mix it with 8oz. of cold water. I have to say, you can watch the video for yourself on my page, but it wasn’t all that bad. I would like to work up to the recommended 2 tbls amount that most researchers suggest. This is a great article that lists the benefits 6 Proven Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.
WHY DRINK? Researchers have found that drinking 2 tbls of ACV a day can lower blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol levels, aids with weight loss by helping you feel full, and kills bacteria from the inside out.
- Eating – You can also add ACV to bone broth soup and enjoy the benefits that was as well. I got the recommendation of this soup that looks very delicious. Bone Broth you can add a few tbls to the broth and enjoy.
Check out the research and this article from Authority Nutrition with these 30 Surprising Uses of ACV.
As with anything, please check with your healthcare professional before starting anything new! Don’t overdo it!
I would love to hear more about your experiences, tips/tricks. Leave me a comment below or head over to my FB page Heidi’s Happy Hour to see more discussions.